Time & Location
13 May 2021, 12:00 – 13:00
About the event
Cybercrime and fraud is a threat to businesses of any size and cyber criminals often take advantage of human error so it’s important that everyone knows how to protect themselves and their businesses from cyber-attacks.
In this webinar, we’ll be joined by Neil Jones, Head of the Cyber Resilience Centre for Greater Manchester. Aisha Adedeji, Barclays Digital Engagement Manager & Andrew Beckett, MD of Cyber and investigations at Kroll.
The webinar will explore cybercrime trends we've seen in recent months and what security checks should you review as we all start to return back to the office.
This will include;
- A review of the biggest threats we've seen in 2021.
- How to transition devices back onto your network?
- The importance of OS + software updates.
- What did we learn from remote working?
- Why should Cybercrime matter to me?
- Key threats
- Stages of a cyber-attack
- Social Engineering
- Common Cyber Threats- malware, impersonation fraud, public wifi, password hygiene, multi-factor authentication
- Steps you can take to protect yourself and your business
Cyber Resilience Centre Speaker;
Neil Jones is a Senior Detective with over 17 years’ experience working in law enforcement. Skilled in Criminal Investigations, Evidence Collection and Criminal Justice. Strong professional with a Master of Science (MSc) in Leadership & Management from Warwick Business School. Senior Responsible Officer for Cyber Crime policing in the North West Region and Strategic Policing Lead & Director of the Cyber Resilience Centre for Greater Manchester, a pioneering not-for-profit public and private sector partnership supported by the Home Office and GMCA.