Tue, 08 Feb|
Update on the latest regional cybercrime trends hosted by ICAEW North West
We're teaming up with ICAEW North West to discuss the current North West regional cybercrime trends, cyber-enabled fraud scams and HMRC phishing scams.
Time & Location
08 Feb 2022, 12:00 – 13:00
About the event
We're teaming up with ICAEW North West to discuss the current North West regional cybercrime trends, cyber-enabled fraud scams and the devastating effect HMRC phishing scams can have on a small business.
With the tax return deadline at the forefront of everyone’s mind, we want you to learn more about the online threats you can face; HMRC phishing scams, malware, business impersonation fraud and invoice hijacking.
Be aware that cyber security isn't just about technology and computers: it involves people, information, systems, processes and culture in your organisation.
In this webinar we’ll share and discuss;
- What security threats do accountants face? What do they look like?
- How can you combat them?
- We share a video focusing on spear-phishing attacks and the threat they pose to SMEs.
- We share a case study of a business that fell victim to invoice hijacking, how the business was affected and how they recovered.
- How to keep your staff educated on the latest cyber threats.
- The newly released Cyber Security Guide for Small Businesses